Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language for Spanish-speaking students
Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese
as a Foreign Language for Spanish-speaking students
Master en Enseñanza de Chino como lengua extranjera para alumnado hispanohablante
From 14/9/2020 to 18/6/2021
July 2019/ April 2020
• To train professionals methodologically and educationally to the teaching of the Chinese language to children, teenagers and adults, particularly emphasising the use of communicational and interactive resources, as well as new technologies and internet.
• To achieve enough level of Spanish to be able to communicate in the classroom with Spanish-speaking students.
• To know the specific cultural environment and educational aspects of the Spanish educational model.
• To acquire the necessary theoretical basis of the prevailing approaches in Western teaching.
• To give the necessary educational and psychological tools to be able to teach Chinese to Spanish-speaking students. This master is aimed to give professional status to the students, thus, the theoretical content will be complemented with practical content and an internship in educational centres is offered. The master will be taught in Chinese and Spanish. It is the result of the collaboration between Universitat de Vic, Universitat Central de Catalunya and Fundación Instituto Confucio in Barcelona.
Continuous evaluation, exams, internship assessment and final dissertation. A minimum of 90% of attendance will be required for the on-campus lessons. Regarding the internship unit, it will be required the 100% of the agreed hours according to the syllabus
· Hold a degree or its equivalent (on the domain of Education or humanities).
· Native level of Chinese, HSK6 or C1 (the courses will be given in Mandarin Chinese)
· Consolidated A2 level of Spanish
· Pass the selection interview
· Motivation letter
Structure of the Master
Unit 1. · Educational and psychological basis of the Teaching-Learning process (14 credits)
· General teaching (4 credits)
· School, educational system and teaching role (4 credits)
Unit 2. · Didactics of Chinese teaching (10 credits)
· Theoretical basis for the teaching of Chinese phonetics, writing and grammar for Spanish-speaking students. (3 credits)
· Didactics and methodology of Chinese teaching. (3 credits)
· New technologies in teaching and Chinese learning. (1 credit)
· Intercultural communication competence. (1 credit)
Unit 3. · Spanish and its use in the classroom (20 credits)
· Spanish learning B1 (6 credits)
· Spanish learning B2 (6 credits)
· Spanish for the classroom (2 credits)